Nana’s Sausage Stuffing
- 2 lb – Mulay’s Sausage (Mild or Original)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 sm onion – chopped
- 4 sticks celery – chopped
- 4 tbs Butter
- 4 cups (1qt) chicken broth
- 1 bag Stuffing cubes
- (use Gluten Free cubes for a GF stuffing! unseasoned preferred)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sage if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet cook the sausage and beef together until done.
2. Drain and put in a large bowl. In same skillet sauté onion and celery in butter until tender, add 1 cup chicken broth. Let simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add the sauté mixture the meat mixture and mix together well.
4. Add the stuffing cubes and remaining chicken broth. Continue to stir until completely moistened.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste with a little sage.
6. Bake in or out of Turkey for at least 1 hour (in turkey for the entire cooking time required).
Makes 4 pounds of the best stuffing you’ve ever tasted.