Paleo Sweet Potato Hash with Mulay’s Sausage
- 1 medium chopped sweet potato
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (Dan uses shiitake)
- 1 medium onion rough chopped
- 8 oz Mulay's ground breakfast sausage
- 2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbs fresh chopped sage
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tb Ghee
- Salt & Pepper (Dan uses Himalayan pink sale & telicherry black peppercorns)
1. Preheat a pan over medium heat for approx 1 minute.
2. Add Mulay's ground breakfast sausage to the pan and cook through, breaking it up into bite-sized chunks as it cooks
3. Once browned & cooked through remove from the pan & set aside.
4. In the same pan, add olive oil, sweet potato and a nice sized pinch of both salt & pepper!
5. Leave the potato alone for at least 5 minutes to allow it to caramelize.
6. Flip potato & allow to cook another 5 to brown.
7. Remove the potato & set aside
8. Add the ghee, onion and mushrooms to the same pan.
9. Sautee' until cooked through approx 5-9 minutes depending on the type of mushrooms.
10. Once cooked, add the potato and cooked sausage back to the pan and continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes.
11. Add Sage and parsley. Sautee' for another minute or two & serve.
Dan loves this dish with a soft runny poached egg over the top!!