Spicy Italian Sausage & Kidney Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 12 ounce package Killer hot Italian sausage (or your favorite Mulay's variety)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced mixed mini peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup red wine
1. Remove the sausage from casings and crumble into a 4 quart pot. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
2. Add the onions and peppers and continue to cook until the onion is completely translucent and begins to melt.
3. Add the garlic and stir.
4. Add the tomatoes, beans, water and fennel seeds. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the cover, add the red wine and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes. Serve with or without grated Parmigiano Reggiano.